Scientific Research and Planning:
This department gives scientific support to the bureau’s management, both at the level of policy preparation and at the level of its implementation and evaluation. It provides support for all publications by ABS and assists in the performance of surveys, theoretically as well as practically.
The department is responsible for compiling or co-ordinating the compilation of:
- Basic Indicators
- Gender statistics
- Environment statistics
- Statistical papers
- Administration of the databases on the website; GBS offers users the possibility to create graphs, tables and maps of their own, using the following three databases:
– SurInfo (link naar http://dataforall.org/surinamedevinfo/libraries/aspx/Home.aspx)
– SurinameCensusInfo (link naar http://dataforall.org/SurinameEnvironmentInfo/libraries/aspx/Home.aspx)
– SurinameEnvironmentInfo (http://dataforall.org/Surinamecensus/libraries/aspx/Home.aspx)
- Sustainable Development Goals (link UN website m.b.t. de SDG indicators:
For the link: https://unstats.un.org/sdgs/indicators/indicators-list/
Support is also provided to other publications by GBS and research projects.